Join Our Team
Be part of San Diego Magazine’s talented team!
Join the Leader
San Diego Magazine has a dynamic and talented group of employees. We believe in mixing creativity and passion with a goal for financial success and produce publications that lead the industry in the marketplace. Our goals are to continue to lead and have our employees grow with us.
As an enthusiastic group, our employees enjoy working together and constantly look to one another for ideas and inspiration. Teamwork and collaboration are at the core of our success.
There are no open opportunities at this time. Please check back.
Our Core Values
- Culture: support a work environment that’s built on integrity, efficiency, communication and flexibility, complemented by a sense of humor.
- Teamwork: understand that every employee in each department helps create the magazine, working together to make it successful while building a sense of family and community.
- Community Brand: San Diego Magazine has been a part of the greater San Diego community for 60 years, building confidence in our brand and earning the trust of other companies and our subscribers, who turn to us for vital information about their community.
- Attitude: Provide a fun-yet-hardworking atmosphere in which employees are passionate about their work and are fairly rewarded.
- Partnerships: Build life-long business relationships with our clients through exemplary customer service and effective, respected publications.
- Integrity: Understand that economics never come before integrity. Brand, editorial and high personal values will always drive our financial strategy.
- Innovation & Creativity: Continue to grow with the changing market in editorial, design and technology, always striving for new strategies to outpace the competition.
San Diego Magazine believes employee happiness comes from striking a balance between work and personal life. We offer an exceptional benefits package with unique incentives to allow our employees to enjoy life both inside and outside the office.
- Competitive salaries
- Health benefits–-medical, dental & vision
- Flexible spending program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral program
- Paid time off
- Dry-cleaning pick-up/drop-off service
- Employee incentive programs
We are always seeking freelance photographers and writers to contribute to our publications. If you have a passion for San Diego, a flawless record for meeting deadlines and your talent is envied by your close circle of friends, you are exactly the contributor we are looking for!
Photographers, please submit a resume with a link to your portfolio to Art Director Sydnie Goodwin.
Writers, please submit a resume with published samples to Editor in Chief Erin Meanley Glenny.
For general inquiries, send resume and cover letter to Laurie Clarke, HR Manager, email@example.com.
San Diego Magazine offers several internship opportunities for students receiving school credit through a university. We are currently seeking interns in the advertising, art, editorial and marketing departments.
Interns are included in important projects and meetings. It is our hope that our interns gain useful knowledge about our company and industry and contribute to the organization.
To apply for an internship, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Internships. Please include the department in which you are interested and the start and end dates of your school’s internship program. If applying for an editorial internship, please email two to three clips of your best work along with your resume and cover letter.