8355 La Mesa Boulevard
La Mesa, CA 91941
Going to a lawyer can be an intimidating process. Usually, what brings us there is that something bad has happened. The Law Office of George L. de la Flor understands what you’re going through. Understanding and empathy are the firm’s core values. Small office. Friendly staff. Big results.
For nearly 30 years, George has represented injured people and wronged employees. He has never lost his passion for his clients and their cases. He also serves the needs of local business in business and employment litigation matters.
George comes from humble roots. His family fled Castro’s Cuba when he was 3, leaving everything behind. Ever since he can remember, he had one vision in mind: Become a lawyer, and open a small office to serve people. He has since become an award-winning trial attorney. For example:
- Recognized in U.S. News’ "Best Lawyers"
- Named 1 of 6 Top Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego County by SD Metro Magazine and 1 of 5 Top Employment Attorneys in San Diego County by SD Metro Magazine
- 2008 and 2010 Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award Recipient
- Consistently named in Top 100 Lawyers in San Diego County and Top 10 Employment Lawyers
- Selected a Southern California "Superlawyer"
- Included in Best Lawyers in America
- Named "Employment Lawyer of the Year" by Consumer Business Review
George also volunteers time to the courts as an arbitrator, works as a private mediator and helps train attorneys through the San Diego Inn of Court. He is a member and director of the Consumer Attorneys of San Diego (CASD) and vice chairman of the Civil Litigation Section of the San Diego County Bar Association. With CASD, George and his wife, Susanne, also run an annual blood drive, which has helped save 650 lives, to date.
"What’s the point of doing anything," George asks, "if you forget who you are and where you came from? I work for people and for my family. San Diego is a small legal community. How we treat each other is really important."
That philosophy defines how this office treats its clients. The results speak for themselves. In the last two years alone, the firm has brought in verdicts and settlements for its clients totaling nearly $20 million.