San Diego Magazine is looking for someone who lives and breathes social media. This person is good with a camera, quick with a caption, and stays updated on changing technology and best practices. He or she is dedicated, dynamic, creative, and organized. We are looking for someone who takes initiative and who will step up and be the in-house authority on all things social media. The social media manager will maintain a consistent voice in line with the San Diego Magazine brand.
- Post multiple times daily on social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Monitor and manage the overall landscape of social media daily, on behalf of the SDM accounts, including following new accounts, replying and retweeting other accounts as needed, replying to queries on Facebook and Instagram, and, when appropriate, demonstrating a sensitivity toward news and world events (i.e. stopping certain tweets or trains in response to breaking news, etc.)
- Create initiatives and campaigns to support print and web editorial and update monthly Social Media Planning Calendar
- Determine art needs and submit requests to team (podcast, new issue, countdown materials, etc.)
- Perform monthly analytics reports
- Perform weekly post-level data reports
- Perform data collection for management team
- Research emerging platforms
- Attend social media/web meetings
- Host staff trainings and new hire Social Media Best Practice trainings
- Present and pitch campaigns to advertisers as needed
- Develop advertiser promotions across all platforms
- Schedule and execute Advertiser initiatives (including Instagram contests)
- Execute contests for client and internal purposes
- Complete advertiser recap reports
- Complete Instagram contest reports
- Develop social strategies for custom publications and clients
- Manage the Social Media Coordinator
- 5+ years of social media experience for a brand
- 2-3 years editorial/journalism experience
- Experience with InDesign a plus
- Experience with social media reporting and scheduling tools (Sprout Social or other)
San Diego Magazine has been in the market since 1948 and has grown from a single monthly lifestyle publication into an expansive multi-media company. Our product portfolio now includes 10 titles, multiple websites, e-newsletters, events, social media, video production, custom media and podcasting.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.