San Diego Magazine gives readers the insider information they need to experience the Best of San Diego® — from the best places to dine and travel to the style, businesses, and people that shape the region. This is the magazine for San Diegans with a need to know. As an enthusiastic group, our company enjoys working together and constantly looks to one another for ideas and inspiration. Teamwork and collaboration are at the core of our success.
Our photography intern works closely with the editorial, web and art department on San Diego Magazine. The intern will produce content to support print, web, and social media written stories or features. This is a fantastic opportunity for a student interested in publishing.
- Students MUST RECEIVE SCHOOL CREDIT through a university for the internship
- Students must have working knowledge of editing programs, such as Photoshop and Lightroom
- Eye for detail and ability to follow brand guidelines
- Ability to coordinate with multiple departments
- Ability to produce food, beverage, portrait, interior, and landscape photography
- History demonstrating ability to meet deadlines
- Videography skills a plus
Duties involve assisting the magazine’s editorial and social media departments with day to day photography content, including food photography for department pages (What We’re Loving), as well as possible assistance with the Neighborhood Guide Department page. Interns have the opportunity to develop portfolio pieces. Intern assignments will vary in order to provide the student with experience over a broad range of subjects.
How To Apply
If you believe you meet the requirements and have a genuine interest in the field, please apply by sending your resume and design samples to Lauren Pettigrew at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be cautious of file size when submitting your application.