Total Prep Time: 20–30 minutes
Total Cook Time: 24 hours
4 fresh eggs (if they don’t make any noise when shaken, they’re fresh)
1/4 cup sugar
24 ounces mascarpone (they love the Galbani brand)
1–2 packages store-bought ladyfingers
4 cups brewed coffee
2 shots espresso
1 cup cocoa powder for garnish
Fresh berries for garnish
• Separate the eggs, placing whites and yolks in two small bowls.
• Mix half of the sugar with egg yolks using a stand mixer.
• Add in the mascarpone a little at a time until it dissolves.
• In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with the rest of the sugar, forming stiff peaks.
• Add one spoonful of the egg white mixture into the mascarpone mixture. Whip thoroughly, then mix the rest of the egg white mixture into the mascarpone mixture. Stir carefully and slowly with a spatula until it has a smooth, creamy consistency.
• In a baking pan that’s at least four inches deep, spread a thin layer of the cream on the bottom.
• Quickly dip the ladyfingers into the coffee and espresso mix, but do not soak. Shake to remove excess liquid.
• Place a layer of ladyfingers on top of the first layer of mascarpone.
• Spread one inch of cream on top of the ladyfingers.
• Repeat this pattern two to three times, finishing with the remainder of the cream on top.
• Cover and refrigerate overnight so the ingredients can marinate.
• When ready to serve, sprinkle cocoa powder and garnish with fresh berries. The tiramisu will keep for three days in the refrigerator.