Reports to: Associate Publisher
Status: Part-time, 2-3 days/week, 4-8 hours per day
San Diego Magazine is seeking interns for the upcoming summer semester to work closely with our sales & marketing teams. This is a great opportunity for students looking to learn the ins and outs of publishing and gain experience seeing the production side of a monthly publication.
- Able to receive school credit through your university
- Proficient with MS Office suite, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Detail-oriented, organized, proactive and a good team player
- Have an interest in a career in publishing/media
Here’s what you’ll do
- Assist with marketing projects and creating marketing materials.
- Manage the monthly PDF project, notifying companies of their inclusion for each issue.
- Maintain the San Diego Magazine Pinterest page.
- Conduct research of competitive publications, our demographics, untargeted categories and statistics related to changes in the San Diego market.
- Assist with blogging for the marketing Buzz blog.
- Utilize market research to come up with facts that would be compelling to a potential client.
- Work with our client database to assist with strategic partnership opportunities.
- Assist the Events team with event preparation including RSVP lists, gift bags and set up.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.