Reports to: Sales and Marketing Director
Status: Full time, non-exempt
San Diego Magazine gives readers the insider information they need to experience the Best of San Diego — from the best places to dine and travel to the style, businesses, and people that shape the region. This is the magazine for San Diegans with a need to know. As an enthusiastic group, our company enjoys working together and constantly looks to one another for ideas and inspiration. Teamwork and collaboration are at the core of our success.
San Diego Magazine is looking for a full time Junior Sales Representative. This role will focus on identifying and closing new business and working with existing clients. They will be an expert in the products, services, and promotions we offer, especially digital. They will report to the COO/Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Our Junior Sales Representative’s Daily Duties Are:
- Meet with potential new customers explaining the products, services, and sales promotions we have going on
- Guide customer through the sales process in an empathetic and patient manner to ensure they are fully knowledgeable of what we have to offer
- Identify and establish contact with new and existing customer through given territory leads
- Schedule and perform presentations to create a visual explanation of the benefits we provide
- Listen carefully to customer concerns and overturn objections to close sales and drive revenue
- Suggest new marketing strategies to target a specific region or demographic that will help in diving sales margins
- Attend meetings, virtual calls, and webinars to enhance sales tactics, stay on top of industry trends, and gain additional knowledge on our clients
- Contrive accurate customer information in out system including billing, address, contact information, and account preferences
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications We Look For In a Junior Sales Representative
- 0-3 years experience in Sales, Customer Service, Client Facing, or other related fields
- High school diploma or GED is strongly preferred
- Be able to efficiently communicate proposals during presentations
- Willing to listen, learn, and be humble
- Proven track record of driving sales revenue
- Strong negotiating, planning, and consultative sales skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing customers
- Detail-oriented and has good time management skills to succeed in a fast-paced environment
How To Apply
If you believe you meet the requirements and have a genuine interest in the field, please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.