Enjoy hands-on science with your young scientist, either in-person or virtually! These four-week sessions provide developmentally appropriate, informal learning experiences that support and enhance exploration, create excitement and facilitate scientific discoveries. The program is designed for children ages 3–5 years old with an accompanying adult. Participants must register for all four classes in each session. Our in-person sessions meet on Thursdays or Saturdays from 9 a.m.–10 a.m. and include access to the exhibit galleries after the program.
The Fleet Science Center is continuing to offer its early childhood program online for families to continue their learning experiences that enhance exploration and create excitement together with children ages 3-5 from the comfort of home. Our virtual programs will take place on Saturdays from 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
Registration in our four 4-week virtual program includes:
- Prepackaged materials ranging from craft supplies to specialty items packed by our Science Educators
- Weekly video content that set the challenge and provide strategies to make caregiver confident in facilitating these activities.
- Designated live and virtual weekly meeting meetings with your Science Educator
- Access to an interactive and social community to keep everyone connected and engaged throughout the session.
September Session Topic - Mighty Meteorologists
Explore why weather changes and learn about the tools meteorologists use to investigate rainstorms, tornados, snow and other weather of the world.
- Starting Thursday, September 9th, 2021, repeats every week on Thursday and Saturday until Thursday, September 30, 2021 @ 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Sep 11$10 - 20