The Newest and Best Restaurants to Hit San Diego in June
New Openings and Coming-soons
Waters Fine Foods in Bay Park
1. Cusp Dining & Drinks will open this July in the former Clay’s space (11th floor of Hotel La Jolla). Executive chef Donald Lockhart (from Hollywood’s Delphine) will prepare Coastal Med-inspired cuisine.
2. Opening this summer: The Patio on Lamont Street in the old Lamont Street Bar and Grill space. We hear chef John Medall is all about the libations.
3. Hello, bulgogi sliders and Korean marinated short rib tacos, now at Mira Mesa’s newest Korean fusion resto, Fuze Restaurant and Lounge.
4. Chef Paul McCabe’s official grand-reopening date for Delicias in Rancho Santa Fe: May 18.
5. Chef Massimo Tenino named Isola Pizza Bar after his grandma Isola. Taste the authentic goodness on Little Italy’s India Street.
6. Everyone’s flipping out over Dr. Andrew Weil’s True Food Kitchen, coming to Fashion Valley. Because it’s rough trying on bikinis after thrashing the Factory Burger at Cheesecake.
7. Amici’s, an East Coast pizzeria, has opened rather speedily on the corner of Fay and Prospect in La Jolla.
8. Expect an opening date at the end of May for Pacific Coast Grill. They just hired their third chef.
9. Exec chef Kemar Durfield just launched a brand-new oyster bar at Donovan’s Prime Seafood in the Gaslamp.
10. Waters Fine Foods gourmet shop has landed on Morena in Bay Park, just around the corner from its catering biz.