10 Hot Plates
New Openings and Coming-soons
From left to right: Bali Hai Mai Tai, chicken kabobs, True Food Kitchen
1) All 10,000 square feet of Block No. 16 Union & Spirits is now open in the East Village’s Culy Warehouse. Dancing, live music, and drinks.
2) Our mouths water for the signature dish at new Pinzimini (Westin Gaslamp Quarter): “crusty bread dipped in olive oil infused with sea salt and fresh herbs.”
3) Gaijin Noodle + Sake House just launched a menu for sake flights—sip any three top-shelf sakes for $10.
4) Chef Ben Lieberman leaves the fabric empire at Burlap in Carmel Valley in favor of better views and Mai Tai guzzlers at the Bali Hai.
5) Liberty Station favorite Tender Greens opens a new 3,400-square-foot location this month in the UTC mall.
6) Gaslamp Rendezvous was short-lived. It’ll be replaced by Meze, a sit-down Mediterranean joint on Sixth Avenue.
7) Sora, the new Japanese Italian concept from Alessandro Minutella (Osetra, Chocolat) and former Nobu sushi chef Noriyoshi Teruya, is slated to open
8) Local darling Nathan Coulon (ex-Quarter Kitchen) returns as exec chef of True Food Kitchen in Fashion Valley, open this month.
9) Now with new owners, Pacific Beach's Lamont Street Grill reopens this summer as The Patio. Chef John Medall was last seen at Red Circle Café.
10) In Bay Park, Baci Ristorante is expanding next door with Luce, an Italian gastropub/enoteca.