Part-Time Graphic Designer
San Diego Magazine is looking for our next Part-Time Graphic Designer. If you think this is something you are qualified for, we could be looking for you to join our team.
San Diego Magazine has been in the market for over 68 years and has developed a platform that connects advertising partners with readers through print, digital, events, social media, and custom publishing. San Diego Magazine is a monthly publication providing San Diegans with compelling editorial coverage of politics, current issues, business, health, dining, and entertainment. We also have a growing custom content division, where we produce a variety of custom publications, including an innovation magazine, Hatch, a semi-annual wedding publication, Exquisite Weddings, the San Diego Humane Society’s San Diego Pets, the San Diego Tourism Authority’s San Diego Visitor Guide, Visit Oceanside’s Oceanside Visitor Guide and Rady Children’s Hospital's magazine Healthy Kids.
The Graphic Designer manages all aspects of advertising pieces in San Diego Magazine, as well as our growing custom content division. From collecting art and insuring all advertising materials will print correctly, to creating event promotional materials and profiled sections, this role works across the board to assist the Art Directors with the production of San Diego Magazine, our custom content publications, and brand marketing. This position is an amazing opportunity to work with the entire company and gain an in-depth understanding of print production and design.
- Able to be in the office 5 days/week
- Prepress advertisements for all publications that come to us camera-ready from clients
- Create or adjust advertisements for clients for all publications
- Work with sales reps and clients to fix any production problems identified in prepress to ensure art will print correctly
- Keep an extremely organized filing system and respond to all requests in a timely manner
- Degree in graphic design
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- 3 years professional graphic design experience preferred
- Positive attitude, ability to work with a variety of personalities and skill sets, and awesome creative problem solving skills.
- Extremely detail oriented
Hourly rate: $15/hr
How to Apply
If you feel that you have experience with the above mentioned duties, please submit your resume to Laurie Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org.