Staff Picks: St. Patrick's Day Fashion
As St. Patrick's Day approaches, those with wardrobe chromophobia (those who fear bright colors... yes, it exists) hope to disappear under the radar of shamrock-bearing, green beer drinking St. Paddy's Day enthusiasts. Fortunately, some of the fashionable ladies here at San Diego Mag have put together picks for favorite green piece of clothing or accessory to bring some luck of the Irish to the color-timid this year.
We want to know: what are some favorite green pieces from your own closet?
1. “I fell in love with these green Express pants! Great for this Spring season especially because of the bold color trend that is going on right now.” –Adriana Novelo, Sales Assistant ($70, Express)
2. “Technically I’m Irish so I don’t have to wear something green on St. Patrick’s Day, but I would kill to have a pair of heels from the fabulous British designer Charlotte Olympia. How fun are these?!” –Erin Meanley, Senior Editor ($2,395, Charlotte Olympia)
3. “Green contacts over my blue eyes make an amazing color. Lots of double takes and the question, ‘Is that your real eye color?’ Sometimes I say yes, depends on who’s asking (wink).” –Geneen Montgomery, Advertising Art Director
4. “My favorite piece is my fabulous necklace from Nordstrom. I got it on a fun ladies’ day out at Fashion Valley.” –Danielle Aeling, Marketing Manager ($16, Nordstrom)
5. “Love these dressy shorts from Anthropologie! Great for Spring and Summer with a pair of heels!” –Kailyn Mickle, Production Manager ($88, Anthropologie)
6. “These wedges are the perfect shade of green to welcome in Spring.” –Jennifer Rea, HR Manager & Associate Publisher, Exquisite Weddings ($325, Kate Spade)
7. “For a girl who wears a lot of black, this is the right amount of bright and the fringe detail is just perfect.” –Gloria Tebelman, Senior Graphic Designer ($60, Zara)
8. “I love everything about this skirt: the color, the length, the pleats. I can pair this skirt with an oversized sweater or a fitted tank depending on the weather.” –Tonia Leung, Marketing Coordinator ($70, shopbop.com)
9. “I love my Marc Jacobs satchel- the color goes with nothing, so I wear it with everything. The leather has begun to look even cooler with wear.” –Megan Smith, Event Coordinator & Social Media Specialist ($135, Marc Jacobs)
10. “These Noon Design earrings are made by local designers in Ocean Beach, I can easily wear these earrings once a week.” –Laurie Nicoud, Creative Director ($30, Noon Design Shop)
All dressed up with nowhere to go? Check out our picks for St. Patrick's Day events in Things To Do March 13-18