Top 5 Looks for Back to School Fashion
Top 5 Back-To-School Must-Haves:
1. Jeggings: A blessed mix of jeans and leggings, hence the name, these are a little piece of heavenly comfort. More flattering and easier to wear than jeans, and less hoochie than leggings, Jeggings are made in a stretchy synthetic material. The best are in a dark color and it’s important to buy the right length for your height. If you’re short they should come up a little higher, no one wants their pants bunched up around their ankles. They should be worn with flats, sneakers, or sandals and a big tee shirt or tunic for a great stylish flair.
*Del Mar Kids and the Backroom to find the largest selection of Joe Jean’s Jeggings.
2. Plaid: The plaid shirt is all the rage this fall for boys and girls. For guys, a button down, short-sleeved version worn out over skinny jeans or cargo shorts is the look. For girls, a soft feminine color that flatters the complexion, maybe even adding a few ruffles or a tuxedo front.
*Urban Outfitters is carrying all the latest looks.
3. Layers: For guys and girls this fall is about adding dimension and a layered look does that. Sticking with dark or neutral colors is important though, otherwise you could look like an un-made bed. For the ladies, layering could also mean accessories like scarves, shawls, or an over-sized bag.
4. Cardigans & Vests: Cardigans are a wardrobe staple. Whether worn long over dresses for girls, or over a nicely fitting button down shirt for guys, cardigans are practical and this year very fashionable. For girls, a denim vest layered over a bohemian dress is very Vanessa Abrams from the Gossip Girls. For guys, the knit vest is the new nerdy chic. Worn with a pair of Ray Bans and you’ve got the look to get the girl.
* Forever 21 is the spot for these.
5. Stripes: All aboard kids, nautical stripes are here this season for a seaworthy look. These are a classic unisex look that reaches back to Coco Channel and Audrey Hepburn.
*Old Navy has stripes in abundance.