Halloween, San Diego-style
A rundown of this year's top Halloween costumes and where to find 'em in San Diego
By Rebekah Sager
Invited to a Halloween party this year and have no idea what to wear?
According to Party City, the top costume trends this year’s are—Lady Gaga, Snookie and the Situation from the TV show Jersey Shore, sexy Vampires and any character from Avatar. I would recommend looking for costume pieces around San Diego in our local Salvation Army’s and many of our second hand stores—Frock You, Hunt and Gather and Flashbacks.
There are also a couple of cool websites worth checking out:
For something unique and fun, take a look at the Patricia Field Costume Collection for 2010. Patricia Field is an Emmy Award winning costume designer, and New York boutique owner. She’s best known for designing the costumes for Sex In The City. Her website includes a variety of wigs, sequined shorts, masks, 80’s looks, bedazzled handcuffs, and non-traditional angels and devils.
For the girl that want to look a little sexy for Halloween, but not hoochie, I recommend the very cool website Unique Vintage. They offer unbelievably beautiful flapper dresses and accessories. The site has dresses from the 1920’s to the 1960’s, as well as great wedding and prom dresses.
For costume ideas—my personal favorites are:
- The Old Spice guy- nothing but a towel and a stick of Old Spice
- Dancing with the Stars outfits- especially for men!
- Lindsey Lohan- sexy outfit complete with ankle device
- Justin Bieber- hair swept to the side, purple hoodie, and cool shoes
- Lady Gaga- leotard, high heels, blond wig, and whole lot of prosciutto
- Kanye West- with a stolen microphone
- Paris Hilton- white powder flowing out of purse
- Sarah Palin- as Miss America
- Angelina Jolie- Seven baby dolls attached
- Robert Patterson- The cutie from Twilight
- The Jet Blue flight attendant- complete with two beers
- Rihanna- Crazy fashion and bright red wig