Emmy's Fashion: Keep it Simple, Stupid
Emmys: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
I think everyone knows that clothes that come down a runway on a ten-foot tall model aren’t really meant to be worn by the average human woman…but simply to be admired like works of art.
When the time comes for celebrities to don a party dress for an awards show like the Emmy’s or the Oscars, they are inundated with choices from some of the most recognized designers in the world, all offering them the opportunity to wear the most coveted dress of their season; often straight off the runway… Bad idea. Celebrities may seem god-like, but they’re not models. A model is born to wear anything, and make it look better than it is.
As I watched Joan Rivers on Fashion Police, and laughed out loud at the digs she made, I couldn't help but think, "Keep it simple stupid." Every dress that the fashion experts loved was clean and simple. When the dress is embellished, has crazy layers of tulle, cascading pedals, cone bras, or asymmetrical hem-lines, it seems like everything in the award show fashion world spirals out of control.
A Few Tips for Award Show (or Special Occassion) Success:
- Black always works—on everyone.
- Wear what looks good on you. Don’t follow trends. If you’re Heidi Klum, you can wear a short dress. If you’re not—don’t
- Keep you hair, make-up, and accessories simple.
- Be realistic about your age. Wear what’s appropriate and what you’re confident you can really pull off.
- If you’re already beautiful—you don’t need to try that hard.