Cupcakes, Cleavage, Lingerie Oh My
The best way to get a lift.
She’s known as the “Bra Whisperer”--I call her my new breastfriend.
Now that I’m in my forties I’ve seen my girls take a downward dip. I love them, I still think they’re hot, but I must face the truth—they don’t look like a twenty year old or the perky fake Tatas sported by celebs and women in wealthy hoods. Not even a little bit.
However, my whole world changed when I visited the Intimacy boutique in Fashion Valley Mall and met the woman behind lifting the “spirits” of Oprah and changing how women wear their foundation garments.
On Monday Feburary 7th from 6-8pm at the Cupcakes & Cleavage Bra Bash at Intimacy over bubbly and sweets, you too can meet your new breastgirlfriend, and give your lovely lady lumps a much needed boost.
Susan Nethero started fitting women for bras eighteen years ago. But it wasn’t until she herself was trained under the Queen of England’s royal bra fitter, June Kenton that she became the maven she is today.
Here are the lessons I learned from the woman herself:
* Breasts should fit comfortably in your bra, be supported without gaping or bulging—if you’re pulling at the straps, you’re probably like most women—wearing the wrong size.
* Bend over at the waist and lift your breasts into your bra. * The back should be very snug, and the straps should give enough lift that the back strap is lower than the cups in the front.
* You need to rotate your bras, wash them with very soft soaps in a lingerie bag, and never put them in the drier.
* Women should own at least 7-10 bras and be fitted once a year. * Women shouldn’t be afraid to show a little cleavage—or as Nethero says their “Breast assets”.
* Don’t be afraid to wear a fashion bra in beautiful colors and have the bra show.
* “The right fitting bra in the right style is like a sculpture. Every woman can look like a goddess—taller, thinner, proportionate, and beautiful”, Nethero says.