5 Reasons to Visit the ‘Coastal Living’ 2014 Showhouse
For the first time ever, ‘Coastal Living’ selects a California home for its annual showcase, and it just so happens to be in Coronado.
Dream home alert! And you can see it firsthand, with ticket proceeds benefitting the Navy SEAL Foundation. Here are five worthy reasons to stop by. Snooping encouraged…
1) This is first time Coastal Living has ever chosen a home in California as a showcase home. And it just so happens to be in Coronado. Convenient!
2) As mentioned above, ticket sales benefit the Navy SEAL Foundation. We think it’s cool that they chose to benefit the SEALs, who train on the island. Love that local pride.
3) The interior design by Betsy Burnham and Max Humphrey of Burnham Design is truly amazing. From the bookshelves to the patio chairs, you will leave with tons of inspiration for your own house. Note: We love the bunk beds built for eight, and the kitchen subway tile that extends all the way to the ceiling. Genius!
4) John O’Brien of Flagg Coastal Homes is a local Coronado guy. San Diego Magazine featured another one of his homes in 2012. To us, his homes define the essence of coastal living, from the design and construct to the beachfront location.
5) This is a rare opportunity to see inside one of the multimillion-dollar beachfront homes in Coronado. If you’ve ever ridden your bike around the island, or cruised down Ocean Boulevard near the Del, we’re sure you’ve wondered what those incredible houses look like on the inside. Well, now’s your chance.
The Showhouse open will be open for tours from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesday through Sunday, until September 28. Tickets are $25. Click here for more info.
*Photos by Ed Gohlich, courtesy of Flagg Coastal Homes