BMC Dialogue Series: Take Control of Your Career; Strategies for Empowerment
Sep 13, 2018
03:00 PM until 06:00 PM
The Burnham-Moores Center for Real Estate (BMC) invites you to attend its next installment of its BMC Dialogue Series on Sept. 13, which will focus on empowerment. Empowerment is a consistent theme in discussions around how women (and men) can more effectively grow in their careers. The BMC strives to help broaden gender and ethnic diversity in the real estate industry, as well as the general business community.
Join Shavon Lindley, CEO of Mentoring Method™ and creator of Women Evolution®, for an interactive discussion of specific strategies that will empower you to grow and take control of your career, while staying true to yourself. Lindley is an award-winning career development and mentorship strategist who specializes in the advancement of diversity and inclusion initiatives in typically male-dominated fields. As a Forbes contributor and former host of the “The CEO Show” on ESPN, she has interviewed over 200 executives and discovered exactly what is needed to move up within an organization.
• Create a support system to achieve success at work
• Re-enforce your core values to drive satisfaction in your work
• Optimize your productivity
• Get recognition for your hard work and navigate your performance review
• Find the right mentor to guide your career.
Post-Event BMC Six-Month Mentoring Program
The BMC believes this topic is an important one for career growth. Accordingly, to have the impact the topic deserves, we have combined the conference, a workshop with mentor groups and an online training for a lasting impact. Attendees of the conference are encouraged to partake in this unique opportunity to maximize your potential and take your career to the next level.
We invite you to participate in the post-event BMC Six-Month Mentoring Program. The program will launch on Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018 from 8-9 a.m. on the USD campus. The program is a $750 value and will be offered by the Burnham-Moores Center for $180 if you register for both events before Sept. 13.
Post-Event BMC Six-Month Mentoring Program Option Includes:
• One-hour launch event on Sept. 27, 2018 from 8-9 a.m.
• Six-month mentoring and inclusive leadership development program
• Monthly online module of leadership development e-learning curriculum, followed by a mentoring group session
• Diverse mentoring groups, comprised of three to four persons per group
• Program catered for all levels and is based on 25 years of neuroscience and social psychology
• Focuses on six traits of an inclusive leader.
Cost of Bonus Post-Event BMC Six-Month Mentoring Program
(This is additional to the cost of the Sept. 13 event, and is limited to 80 participants):
$100 Before Sept. 13
$125 Day of Sept. 13
$150 After Sept. 13 Event
For questions or sponsorship opportunities, contact Diane Ice, events and committees manager, at (619) 260-2379.
University of San Diego
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.