Private Dining Guide 2019
These private rooms and dining services are ready to treat you like family
Being with family doesn’t always have to mean being at home. Not every kitchen can handle the whole clan, and sometimes the occasion calls for going out. These private rooms and dining services are ready to treat you like family and provide food every bit as good as your own holiday fare— without the stacks of dishes at the end.
An enchanted island for the perfect event
Bali Hai Restaurant has been a favorite event venue in San Diego for over sixty years. The spectacular view of San Diego Bay and the downtown skyline make it the perfect location for all private event types. The versatile spaces provide accommodations for festivities of almost any type or size. Whether you’re planning a wedding, class reunion, birthday, anniversary, rehearsal dinner, celebration of life, fundraiser, business meeting, or corporate event, the Bali Hai provides an incredible canvas for moments that will last a lifetime.
Offering extensive food and drink packages, from a luau buffet menu, plated meal service, or a private brunch buffet, we have options available for all types of events with friendly, efficient, and experienced staff on-site to assist in making your private dining experience one to remember.
- Three private spaces to accommodate parties from 30 to 300 guests
- Variety of menus available to accommodate different event types
- Event assistance from our friendly, efficient, and experienced events team
- Free parking in front of the restaurant for event guests
- Access to our private dock for boat arrivals and departures
2230 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92106 | 619.222.1181
Celebrate seasonal interpretations at a California-inspired Italian kitchen
CUCINA enoteca, a California-inspired Italian kitchen and wine shop located in Del Mar’s Flower Hill Promenade, includes an open kitchen, bustling communal bar area, intimate glass dining room, and upper-level outdoor patio. The spacious two-story restaurant features an exciting mix of modern and vintage finds, as well as a striking pony installation, which serves as an homage to the Del Mar racetrack only a gallop away. CUCINA enoteca is perfect for any occasion, including birthdays, graduations, wedding receptions, corporate dinners, meeting presentations, and holiday parties. We offer intimate semiprivate spaces for smaller functions, while larger groups are welcome to host events using the entire restaurant as a private venue. Our sommeliers will create pairings for your personalized menu, and CUCINA can provide table decorations, specialty gifts, entertainment referrals, and more.
- Six venue spaces accommodate parties from 18 to 250 guests
- Enjoy personalized menu choices, from family-style to plated
- In-house sommeliers are ready to create perfect pairings for your meal
- Audio-visual equipment is available for presentations and corporate events
- Ask about hosting unique culinary or wine-focused events
Flower Hill Promenade, 2730 Via de la Valle, Del Mar, CA 92014 | 858.704.4500
Host your next celebration in style
For over five decades, Mister A’s has been a San Diego institution. Nestled in the heart of Bankers Hill, just minutes from downtown San Diego, Mister A’s makes planning your next event effortless with unparalleled views, service, and fine-dining cuisine. From intimate gatherings with family and friends to high-level corporate events, Mister A’s offers both private and semiprivate accommodations, as well as full restaurant buyouts to suit any occasion. Our seasoned and professional waitstaff will always ensure that your experience receives flawless service, every time.
- Fresh florals daily
- Highest-quality local produce, sustainable meats, and seafood
- Custom-created menus
- Sommelier-assisted wine pairings
2550 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92103 | 619.239.1377
Award-winning North County Coastal grub!
Need a chill spot to gather with family, friends, or office peeps? Look no further. You’ll feel right at home at this North County staple with locations in Carlsbad Village and downtown Oceanside. We’ve got authentic Mexican fare (do yourself a favor and try anything with al pastor) in a laid-back environment that’s perfect for gatherings. The indoor space at both locations can accommodate large groups or an intimate few. With sports on the TVs and music in the background, you can bet that you’ll have a good time at Grubby’s. The heated outdoor patio bar at our Carlsbad location is ideal for groups to gather and enjoy our award-winning craft cocktails. Looking for a taco bar and tasty margaritas? We can arrange for that setup at either location or at your own site. Nothing says Southern California like Mexican food, and we’d be honored to host your next gathering. With love from the Grubby’s family!
- Heated patio bar in Carlsbad that’s perfect to entertain groups
- Casual, fun environment is great for family, friends, and office gatherings. Close proximity to the coast provides a true SoCal experience
- Enjoy award-winning craft cocktails, local draft beers, and wines
- Authentic Mexican fare handcrafted in-house with the freshest ingredients
377 Carlsbad Village Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92008
311 North Tremont Street, Oceanside, CA 92054
San Diego’s favorite waterfront event venue
Tom Ham’s Lighthouse, a San Diego landmark on Harbor Island, has been a destination for memorable events for decades. Featuring breathtaking views of San Diego Bay, the Coronado Bridge, and the downtown skyline, Tom Ham’s has the perfect backdrop for any type of private dining experience. Offering guests three different private event spaces, both indoor and outdoor, great for groups of 15 to 200. This venue has been the go-to location for corporate luncheons, holiday parties, birthdays, weddings, private Champagne brunch, and so much more. For more information, to book a venue tour, or set a date for your waterfront event experience, contact email@example.com.
- Three private indoor / outdoor spaces accommodating parties from 15–240 guests
- Variety of menus available for any type of event
- Event assistance from our efficient and experienced events team
- Corporate event amenities: blackout shades, podium, mic and speaker, and presentation equipment assistance
2150 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 | 619.291.9110
’Tis the season for holiday parties!
Leave the work to us and let us host your next holiday party! With picture-perfect views of the Pacific coastline, 20|Twenty at The Westin Carlsbad Resort and Spa is a leading Carlsbad restaurant, offering an elegant yet casual dining experience that caters to a wide range of tastes, perfect for private or semiprivate holiday parties of all sizes. Our sleek and stylish interiors will provide an elegant backdrop for your party. With a professional, attentive staff expertly watching over every detail, your only concern will be enjoying the drinks, food, and company. We are committed to offering the best seasonal, local ingredients that are both delicious and sustainable while highlighting the bounty that Southern California has to offer. Our talented staff of chefs, pâtissiers, sommeliers, and mixologists will delight your palate with culinary sensations that are sure to make your holiday party at 20|Twenty the most memorable one to date.
- Option of free self-parking or valet parking for all guests
- Predesigned group, party, and bar packages offered at different price levels
- Custom menus, including holiday themed menus, to fit your party
- Picture-perfect coastal views ensure a truly memorable party
- Keep warm on the terrace with fire feature and outdoor heaters
5420 Grand Pacific Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92008 | 760.827.2400
Turn your North County holiday party into a fiesta at Diane Powers’ Casa de Bandini! Guests at your company party (up to 250 people), evening reception, luncheon celebration, or family gathering will feel the warmth and romance of Mexico as they experience Casa de Bandini’s festive decor, strolling mariachis, delicious Mexican cuisine, and full-service cantina. Special Events Supervisor Ingrid Loreto and her team will help you customize every detail to create the perfect experience you want.
- Award-winning events team
- Original, creative Mexican cuisine and full-service cantina
- Lots of free parking
1901 Calle Barcelona at The Forum, Carlsbad, CA 92009 | 760.803.4600
Diane Powers’ Casa Guadalajara in Old Town is known for its fun, lively atmosphere, “Birdbath Margaritas,” and authentic Mexican cuisine. Have your company’s next event (up to 400 guests) or family celebration here and enjoy our internationally acclaimed seafood and Mexican dishes, as well as a full-service cantina and strolling mariachis. Award-winning Special Events Coordinator Raimi Olsen and her team go above and beyond to make your guests feel right at home.
- Creative events team known for its fun can-do spirit!
- Award-winning Mexican cuisine and full-service bar
- Hundreds of free parking spaces and bus-loading zone
4105 Taylor Street, San Diego, CA 92110 | 619.295.5231
The culinarians of Green Dragon Tavern & Museum create sumptuous menus with the freshest ingredients available to present delightful cuisines that are sure to complement every delectable event on your agenda. Locally sourced meats, cheeses and produce provide a regional flair. Friendly, professional staff ensures every meal is as inspired as your event. Family-owned with unparalleled value. Celebrating 5 years of welcoming loyal regulars, large-group reservations, private meeting & event clients up to 220+ guests.
- Full-service restaurant, dedicated private banquet rooms with A/V
- Located at I-5 & Palomar Airport Road, South Carlsbad
- Family owned, complimentary Wi-Fi + 192 parking stalls
6115 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad, CA 92011 | 760.918.2421 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a cool breeze, an escape from the ordinary, and delicious, innovative cuisine—not to mention unbeatable views of San Diego’s waterfront and glittering skyline? Hornblower offers seven distinct yachts perfect for a private event on San Diego Bay for groups from two to 1,200. Whether it’s a wedding, company outing, holiday event, or any other celebration, come onboard and find out why events are better on the water.
- Wide variety of customizable event packages and menu options are available
- Expert event planners handle every detail to perfection
- Mention San Diego Magazine for a FREE round of drinks!
1800 North Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 | 855.912.8076
Want to experience how it feels to be in the Greek islands? Step into our gorgeous Greek island–themed space. Just a few steps away from the convention center and major hotels in the Gaslamp Quarter, Meze offers a variety of semiprivate and private spaces. Renowned as one of the world’s healthiest cuisines, Greek cooking gets a unique fusion twist at Meze that will make your experience unforgettable.
- Fully equipped private spaces for 16 to 100 seated guests
- 110-inch TV screen available with free Wi-Fi
- Private bar and customized menus for every event type
345 Sixth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101 | 619.550.1600
Life’s too short to throw a lame party! Our 26,000-square-foot “eatertainment” destination in San Marcos features bowling, live music, lawn games, and 40 draft beers from our onsite Mason Ale Works brewery. URGE Common House can hold up to 1,200 guests, perfect for corporate-bonding time, wedding-rehearsal dinners, and all of life’s big moments. Host a kick-butt event with us, and let’s create a fun, lasting memory.
- Two private rooms, three patios, and live music stage
- Eight-lane bowling alley
- Three full bars and an onsite brewery
255 Redel Road, San Marcos, CA 92078 | 760.798.8822 | email@example.com
Pacific Coast Grill offers stunning ocean views, delicious menu items, and friendly service. Whether it’s a table for 20 or a reception for 200, PCG has a unique space for any event. PCG features Pacific Coast cuisine and an oyster bar, as well as select sushi rolls and a plethora of seafood choices.
- Two alfresco patios with that right-on-the-beach feel
- Ceremony space on the beach at no additional cost
2526 S Coast Hwy 101, Cardiff, CA 92007 | 760.479.0721
We’re all about throwing Puesto-perfect parties. Award-winning Puesto at The Headquarters includes two patios and three semiprivate indoor spaces, which can be used independently or combined to accommodate any number of guests or occasions.
- Space for up to 300 guests
- Buyout options available
789 W Harbor Dr Suite 155, San Diego, CA 92101 | 619.233.8880
Eat, drink, and laugh the night away. The Shout! House’s award-winning dueling piano show is high energy with audience participation, comedy, and sing-alongs. Next door, Garage serves craft brews, delicious cocktails, brunch, dinner, and 51 percent off happy hour seven days a week!
- Two venues under one roof offering multiple event spaces
- Variety of food and beverage options in different price ranges
655 Fourth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101 | 619.231.6700, ext. 313