Top 10 Reasons for Starting Karl Strauss Brewing Company
Matt Rattner, president and co-founder, gives his top 10 reasons for the starting the business
How do you keep the keg party going post-college? For Matt Rattner, president and co-founder of Karl Strauss Brewing Company, the answer, back in 1989, was to make some beer. Here, his top 10 reasons for starting his biz.
10. I had no job at the time and no idea how to meet chicks.
9. I couldn’t find good beer.
8. I wanted to build a brewing system.
7. My college buddy’s uncle was Karl Strauss.
6. To make Mom proud!
5. To throw a party for 3,000 of my closest friends (P.S. Beach to Brewery is coming back this summer!).
4. My hair metal band broke up.
3. To be part of a community I admired.
2. Free beer!
1. To pioneer an industry that is now 84 breweries strong!