Let's make it a sesh!
Heavy beers can be filling, fattening, and hangover-inducing. Many brewers (especially in warmer months) are gravitating toward more “sessionable” beers. Translation: You can throw back more beers during a single drinking session because they’re lower in alcohol by volume (ABV). Here are our picks.
- Stone Brewing Co. Go To IPA, 4.5% ABV
- Ballast Point Even Keel San Diego session ale, 3.5% ABV
- Rip Current Marine Layer San Diego-style Hefeweizen, 5.1% ABV
- Benchmark Brewing Company Belgian table beer, 4% ABV
- Rough Draft Brewing Company Weekday IPA, 4.8% ABV
- Mission Brewery El Conquistador extra pale ale, 4.8% ABV
- Monkey Paw Sweet Tea Session IPA, 4.3% ABV
- Green Flash Brewing Company Citra Session IPA, 4.5% ABV (available June/July)
- Modern Times Fortunate Islands hoppy wheat, 4.8% ABV