FARMERS INSURANCE OPEN
What you need to know...
It’s the time of year again when we get to head to Torrey Pines Golf Course to smell the clean sea air, watch the waves crash below the cliffs, check out the hang gliders, and….oh yeah….watch the world’s best golfers compete for a $6.1 million purse.
A few quick facts about the tournament:
- January 20-26, 2014 (Tournament play: January 23-26)
- Cut: low 70 scores plus ties after Friday
- Champion wins $1.098 million
- More than $26 million generated for San Diego Charities
- Defending Champion: Tiger Woods
- Want to check out which players will be competing? You can find that list at: http://www.farmersinsuranceopen.com/player-commitments/
Looking to purchase tickets? Here’s the deal….
- You can purchase tickets online at FarmersInsuranceOpen.com
- Adult Any Day - $45
- Adult Weekday - $140
- Senior Any Day - $30
- Senior Weekly - $100
- Children 12 & younger are FREE
- Youth ages 13-17 years of age - $10 Any Day Youth Ticket
- Military Any Day – Active Duty, Reservist, Retired and Dependents – FREE (with corresponding I.D.)
Need to figure out your parking strategy? The Farmers Insurance Open has a great breakdown of parking options: http://www.farmersinsuranceopen.com/tickets/parking-shuttle-directions/
There are some new, as well as existing guidelines and restrictions to be aware of.
Be Aware Of These PROHIBITED Items:
- No bags larger than a small purse (6x6), including carrying cases, backpacks, camera bags, or chair bags
- No clear plastic, vinyl, or other carry items larger than 12 x 6 x 12
- No Plastic, Metal, or Glass Cups, Cans or Containers of any kind except for medical or infant needs
- No beverages (patrons may not bring in or exit with beverages) or coolers
- No video cameras (All Week)
- No cameras (During Competition Rounds)
- No posters, signs or banners
The following items are PERMITTED, but it’s important to understand the guidelines:
- Clear plastic, vinyl or other carry items not exceeding 12 x 6 x 12
- A one gallon clear re-sealable plastic bag
- At the tournament’s discretion, food may enter the Tournament in a clear plastic bag not to exceed the size of a one (1) gallon clear resealable plastic bag
- Mobile phones, tablets, and PDA’s – MUST be on Silent mode and adhere to TOUR’s Mobile Device Policy
- Still camera with lens smaller than 6 inches; no case (During Practice Rounds Only)
- Umbrellas without sleeve
- Portable radios with headsets
- Medically necessary supplies, Strollers, small diaper bags, plastic baby bottles, and other necessary baby supplies (infant must be with carrier) – items subject to search
- Collapsible chairs without chair bags
- Binoculars without case
For more information, go to www.farmersinsuranceopen.com.
See you at Torrey!