Father's Day Brunches
10 brunch ideas that Dad will love
1. Delectable pastries and fresh fruit might have been perfect for Mother’s Day, but this holiday calls for something a bit manlier. So ditch the desserts and forget the fruit—instead, try the Red Pearl Kitchen and get Dad the B&B (beer and beef satay) special for only $8. Visit redpearlkitchen.com
2. Usually celebrate Father’s Day with a low-key backyard fete? Up the ante this year by taking him to La Valencia and splurging on the famed hotel’s $65 per person brunch. Your wallet might be left with a considerable dent, but it might be just enough to distract him enough from the actual dent you left in his car last week. Visit lavalencia.com
3. If grilled fish tacos and a BBQ bacon burger don’t make Dad’s mouth water enough, a bonus complimentary dessert for fathers might just make Croce’s Restaurant and Jazz Bar an irresistible option come Sunday. Visit croces.com
4. Dad might have plastered on a smile the last ten times he’s received a tie for Father’s Day, but what he really wants is bottomless beer and good grub. Give him both by reserving a spot on the Hornblower’s Father’s Day Beer & Champagne Brunch Cruise! It includes a “macho” buffet menu, the chance to see battle ships and nuclear submarines, and even a souvenir pint glass for Pop to take home. June 17th, choose either 10:30am or 1:30pm boarding times, $59. Reservations are required, so visit hornblower.com to purchase tickets.
5. Does your father prefer a no-frills approach to celebrating his big day? Banish the bells and whistles and simply treat him to $2 hot dogs at Lucky’s Lunch Counter by Petco Park. Visit luckyslunchcounter.com
6. Nothing says “I love you, Dad” like the perfect prime rib steak. Indulge Dad at Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, which will be opening early at 11:30am and offering a scrumptious brunch menu. Disclaimer: some animals may be harmed in the making of said brunch. Visit flemingssteakhouse.com
7. If your father’s mid-life crisis (read: shiny new car) has considerably shrunk the family’s budget, make your way to Bice Ristorante for a wallet-friendly brunch. With options like lamb stew and homemade ricotta ravioli, you’ll be able to nosh on a four-course prix fixe menu for just $29 per person, plus enjoy select bottles of wine for 50% off. A great deal on a gourmet selection? Sold. Visit bicesandiego.com
8. Sure, a new Ferrari might be what he really dreams about for Father’s Day, but enjoying waterfront views, Applewood-smoked bacon, and endless champagne at Humphrey’s By the Bay isn’t a bad compromise. $55 adults, $17 children, humphreysbythebay.com
9. If southern food makes your dad’s eyes light up, take him to Crossroads at House of Blues for his special day. A southern-style buffet plus live gospel performances make this a truly one-of-a-kind brunch! Visit houseofblues.com for more information.
10. What exactly is a “Man-Mosa,” you might ask? Find out by going to Searsucker on the 17th, as all dads will receive the free drink courtesy of Snake Oil Cocktail Co. The rest of the family will take delight in the savory brunch selection, including the drool-worthy Bacon Bourbon Pancakes. Visit searsucker.com for more information.